How to reach the top position in search engine results? How can I get my name in the top position of Google or Bing results?
All these questions are answered in this particular blog. I will give you a faint idea from which I got this information.
The purpose of the SEO (Search Engine optimization). The SERP (Search Engine Result Page) should be your ultimate goal. All engines select pages depending on the keywords they contain, but the criteria of position in the SERP differ.
Google updates the SERP (Search Engine Results Page) as per the new algorithm. The changing trend of the technology makes them redesign the whole system so that the web crawlers (spiders) are more effective.
Principles of positioning common to search engines
What matters above all is the content.
1. The first page (index page) should contain some text. It will be easy for the google spider to crawl your website and index it. Our pages, and especially the home page, must have text, with four or five paragraphs at least. If the home page text contains the relevant text which user will give a query, it will be appearing on the top of google results.
2. The content of your site must be unique. It should be framed in such a way that the user is able to read it and should return to your website again and again. Google detects similar texts and penalizes duplicate content.
3. Unique name and topic should be given to your website. Your site must have a specific topic. This helps engines to find the answer to a query. I know this is bit tough but you can give a try. You will be able to write at least a specific topic. It will be helpful for you and for the people who are searching for the content.
4. You need to change the article regularly. Lord Krishna says "Change is life. Life will become useless if you are not able to change it". A frequently changing content with new articles, causes more frequent visits from robots and a premium for the position.
The keywords found in the text determine the choice of the page in response to a query.
1. Try to think of all the keywords that are relevant to the subject of the article. They must appear in the text. If the text contain the keyword again and again, it will help more efficient. But make sure that your article should not become boring and redundant. Keep that in mind that the golden rule of making your site to the top is the inbound links, and it will be only possible if there are more page views for your website. This will be helpful only when the content is relevant.
2. Search engines do not yet recognize synonyms, metaphors. Think to all the synonyms to keywords you are positioning, and use them in the text. This means that if you are trying to say something about "ANGER", you can write similar words like "acrimony, animosity, annoyance, antagonism, enmity, fury, gall, hatred, impatience, irritation, rage, temper, violence ". It has multiple benefits, it will not create the website or blog boring and at the same time it will not lose the meaning or theme of the article.
3. They also must appear in the (Title) tag and in the titles and subtitles headline 1, headline2, etc. It is not as simple as I am saying but you can manage and design pages as per your requirement and can use it to fit some keywords in it.
4. However keywords should always be integrated into phrases readable by Net surfers, this should never be lists, even in the title and meta description (you can omit the meta keywords). I know I am doing the mistake of writing the keywords in different points ,but its good for you. At last the main rule is "Get more readers so you will get more inbound links."
5. Keywords must also be placed in filenames. These must be summaries of the articles. It plays very important role in traditional English also. So the same thing applies for everyone.
Apart from the selection and integration of keywords, some additional details may improve your position:
2. The words placed at the beginning of the article have more weight for the same reason.
3. The emphasis. Besides the titles, bold tags give more importance to words and robots use that.
4. They can index images with an alt attribute in the img tag.
5. Check regularly external links. Broken links penalize a site.
Backlinks are of course an essential factor of positioning.
1. Insert only relevant links in your articles. The links that you put on other pages and other sites are taken into account to score the page.
2. Try to get backlinks, but only relevant links. Avoid therefore directories that are not manually edited by the webmaster. Only a few deserve registration, and never when they require a backlink.
3. The weight of a link in a page is the PageRank of the page divided by the number of links. The ideal is to have a unique link on its site from a page on another site.
4. Never rename a file. You lose the backlinks and the traffic they bring, and you will return to a PageRank of 0!
I guess this all things are enough to help you a bit in making your webiste result come to the top. It will also help you to get more advertisements. It wil be helpful to you in one or the other way.
And I am sure there is not harm in giving a try.